27 June 2012
I am sure there are lots of vegan blueberry muffins out there but what harm is another.
I am temping for a couple weeks and attempting to eat healthy and save bucks by not buying snacks. So I made these vegan muffins. Before we get to the muffins though can I say how much I love coconut oil. It adds a real richness and sweetness to baked goods that I just think is amazeballs.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup strong wholewheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milled flax seed
- 2 bananas, pureed
- 1 cup oatmilk
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- juice from half a lemon
- about 100 g blueberries
- cover flaxseed with small amount of the oat milk and leave
- combine remaining dry ingredients (excluding blueberries)
- combine wet ingredients
- mix together dry and wet and flaxseed and then add blueberries
- grease muffin tray
- divide mixture between 12 muffin cups
- bake for approximately 20 minutes on 180°C
p.s. I got these awesome plates at a local charity shop. I love their shape. And it was only £5 for 6. One has a little chip but it only adds to the charm right.