10 January 2013
There is nothing better on those grey winter days then a cup of hot chocolate. The only problem with this is that regular store hot chocolate isn’t up to vegan standards. So I made some of my own which is really easy and has that creamy thick consistency of European hot chocolate (you know that one that is basically like pudding and you eat with the spoon … well at least I do). This is made with dark chocolate so isn’t sweet but rather rich and delicious and it only requires a small amount to quench any chocolate cravings. Also despite the coconut milk it doesn’t have an overly coconut taste (if coconut isn’t your thing).
- 50 ml full fat coconut milk
- 150 milk chocolate oat milk (or any other chocolate flavoured non-diary milk you like)
- 4 blocks dairy-free dark chocolate
- Throw ingredients into a microwave friendly jug
- Microwave for about a minute
- Take out and stir thoroughly (until the chocolate is melted)
- Microwave for another 30 seconds
- Stir some more and pour into cute cup for sipping while reading a book or contemplating the grey sky.
I love my days off.