Back in Trieste and I have to say I am happy to be back. Probably 90% because I am back with Tim and I am a big ol’ sop, but also because I have had some decent amount of sleep since I got back (I just don’t do as well in my own bed) and it is just nice and calm. I am really liking calm. This week I am also grateful for:
- Having brought back a massive tub of peanut butter. Seriously I know nutella is good but Italians you don’t know what you are missing when you charge €5 for over-sugared peanut butter
- Heart shaped pizza. Seriously made my day!
- Oranges. Been eating probably one too many a day but they are like liquid sunshine.
Oops, that is all food. You can see where my happiness lies! I have also fallen off my instagram project of a gratitude photo a day. I am still appreciating daily, but not sure I am going to get back into doing that – it feels a bit forced. Anyway some great links for the weekend (no food involved):
- Love these tips from Mademoiselle Poirot on adding a little bit of luxury to your household decor on a budget.
- Be inspired to look at the world a little differently.
- I’m sure I’ve mentioned this quote before but love this video that illustrates the Ira Glass quote on ‘the gap’
- Loving the ethos of this shoe company, which works with small business in Peru. For years I have been thinking more of buying leather as the ‘vegetarian’ plastic shoes just don’t last and I just feel horrible about it. But if I am going to buy leather I would love to invest in pieces that have benefit to someone which this company seems to be doing. Nisolo’s items are classic and timeless and I really want a pair of everything.
- Love this series on the Instagram blog called How I Shoot. Instagrammers with unique perspectives giving some tips as well as the apps they use.
I haven’t been too good on my weekly intentions. Travel makes it hard but I am motivated to make it better. I don’t want to be hard on myself about not achieving ‘resolutions’ and am working on thinking about it all as progress.
- Take at least one photo on a non-iphone camera every day.
- Finish putting together the rest of the wedding invites and send them off (I have to do this by Wednesday as we go away for a long weekend with friends on Thursday)!
- Get back to working out. I so easily fall out of this habit. Do you have any tips?
Have a lovely weekend!