Last week Siobhan nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks Lovely! The premise is to highlight fellow bloggers and take part by answering some questions that the ‘awarder’ has to come up with. So in the name of fun and community spirit …
How would you describe yourself in five words?
Hardest one first I think. I’m going to cheat a bit I think: “Open to all the adventures”.
Do you have any resolutions or goals for 2014, and if so, how are you getting on?
I wrote a post at the beginning of the year about my core desired feelings, a concept by Danielle LaPorte. They are a work in progress but I am feeling like I am in a good space now.
What is your proudest achievement so far?
Without sounding full of myself there are a lot of things that I am proud of. Moving to England when I was 21 without knowing anyone. The wonderful eight years I spent there. Taking a second leap and moving to Italy. Finishing my undergraduate degree. Having a photo in an exhibition. Having just returned from a quick visit to London perhaps the thing that I am most proud of are the friends around me. I feel that when I look at them I can’t be all that bad.
It’s Desert Island Discs time – what five albums or songs would you take with you, and why?
Well let’s definitely choose albums if we are going to be there a while! I would have a mix between easy listening (what I would normally have playing) and perhaps a few jump around dancing hits.
- The Civil Wars 2013 album of the same name.
- Ray Lamontagne. Hard to choose an album. Either Gossip in the Grain or his latest album with the Pariah dogs.
- Florence and the Machine – Ceremonials
- Last weekend I spent some time with friends and we got onto playing some 90s hits – so perhaps a best of album of the 90s – great for some guilty (or guilt free) fun!
- Fleetwood Mac – The Rumours Album (for something a bit more old school)
When you were 15, what did you want to do with your life and how does that differ with where you are today?
Ha, when I was 15 I had no clue. I thought I wanted to be a stay at home mom, but I think that was related more to the fact that I didn’t really know what I wanted to do. Nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom but I have realised that as I like to give them back! I suppose in a funny way I am stay at home, but that is more because of the recent move. I get bored in an office and like variety. I suppose that is the dream.
If you could snap your fingers and be in any profession, at any level, what would it be?
I’d love to be making a living from my photography with a consistent stream of interesting clients. Perhaps a little in demand. Perhaps enough so I could pay someone to do my taxes and the boring bits. I’d love to be able to shoot things like the Toast Catalogue, lifestyle pieces for magazine, client lookbooks and beautiful spaces and interesting people. Maybe also be at a space where I could give workshops. I love my Eat and Snaps but a step up from that I think.
When was the last time you learnt something new? What new things do you want to learn this year?
Learning is so important to me. I have always loved learning. I even found pleasure in writing maths exams at school! Most recently I went on a photography workshop but I am also in the process of learning Italian.
What are you most grateful for at this moment in time?
So much! The opportunity to give my dream of living in Italy a try. Wonderful friends. My fiancé.
What three things would you most like to achieve in 2014?
In line with my goals to just be a more content version of myself, progress my photography career and improve my Italian.
So there you have it. I will pass this on to: Charlotte, Katie, Rusty, Claire, Molu (I have no idea how many followers you have. How do you check that with the vast swathe of reading options?)
My questions are:
1. Click your fingers and where would you like to be right now?
2. What has been your biggest adventure?
3. What is your favourite thing that you have cooked recently?
4. If you could skip the learning and suddenly have a skill what would it be?
5. Are you doing now what 18 year old you thought you’d be doing?
6. What do you think 80 year old you would like to see you do before you get there?
7. Finish the sentence: When I find myself smiling while walking down the street it is usually because …
8. What is your favourite ritual – daily, weekly, monthly or annually?
Here are the rules (though break them if you like):
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award that have fewer than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions (or less) for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Look forward to seeing what you say.