Since before December I was planning on a whole bunch of Christmassy-ness that was going to happen in real life, some of which I was going to share with you. But the time has run away with me and I haven’t stuck up one single Christmas decoration! The fact that we are leaving for South Africa on Saturday and won’t be at home for Christmas kind of makes it feel not worthwhile for three days either so I am afraid this year will be the year I didn’t decorate. Oh well there is always next year and there are plenty of festive feelings flying around.
But to share some Christmas love I thought I would link up to some Christmassy loveliness from across the web.
- I love how Junkaholique has decorated her house for Christmas. Nothing too fussy but all so beautiful.
- That and this and this make me want a fireplace with a mantle to decorate.
- A great idea of using DIY printables in a different way for this wrapping idea.
- The simple addition of a wreath brings a bit of greenery to your presents.
- Or some watercolour on paper. I think I have a roll of ikea white paper somewhere.
- An old post of mine with some ideas for reusing shopping bags for wrapping (I am truly terrible at wrapping presents so bags often win)
Winning Gift Giving
- Chocolate bark is always a great last minute gift idea (can literally knock some up an hour before leaving the house for a last minute Christmas engagement. This combo sounds delicious.
- I think I might gift this to myself to read on the plane to South Africa. I am not the tidiest person and any tips I can get to not have to spend half a day cleaning on the weekend would be magical. I think many might appreciate the sentiment for a new year.
- For those to squeamish for eggnog how about a vegan version. Looks good to me.
- These mincemeat and clementine rolls are great for a last minute Christmas gathering, or you know any reason.
Also check out my post from last year on photographing Christmas lights if you are heading out for some evening walks.